I deliver engaging seminars, workshops, and keynote addresses about topics related to children and media. I translate complex research into practical advice for all those interested in the well-being of children in the United States and beyond. Nothing is as rewarding to me as seeing the media-related fears of parents and caregivers transform into confidence and determination to intelligently manage children’s media use. I share my experiences and insights with school groups, parent groups, corporations, families, community groups, sports teams, business retreats, industry conferences, health care providers and more.
I am regularly asked by the media, developers of children’s media programming, educators and parents to provide advice and insight on a variety of topics, such as:
- Internet safety
- Risks and benefits of social media
- Positive and negative television programming
- Parental monitoring of children’s media use
- Parent-child conversations about media
- Rules about the amount and content of media exposure
- Parent-child shared media experiences
- Media as related to children’s cognitive, social, and emotional development
- The sexualization of girls in the media
- Media depictions of violence, sex, substance use
- Effects of exposure to pornography
- Helping children benefit from positive media
- Helping children resist effects of negative media
Complete the form below to learn more about booking speaking engagements.